Monday, January 23, 2012

Goose - Great Dane /Labrador Retriever



Goose was adopted this year and is already settling into his home nicely. He is a Great Dane / Labrador Retriever as far as we at NAFA know. Another of his siblings went to a foster to adopt home this weekend.

Goose's Mom wrote us and sent these lovely pictures of Goose at his forever home. Here is what she has to say about this guy already.

"I would like to share with you that he has a great temperament, so someone has been working with him.  He sits a lot when we go outside and I will need to get a little instruction on keeping that procedure and using it the correct way.

I am lucky that he sleeps all night.  I will put him in his crate at night around 9:45-10:00 and after a couple of  minutes of whining, he settles down and sleeps til I get up at 5:30-5:45.  (We are hoping to get better on him not wetting the bed!!!) And believe you me, I take him out every hour that I am home and give him the opportunity to exercise and go to the bathroom.

He's been playing with several toys and there is no need of me throwing the ball; with his big paws, when he runs after it, he almost always 'bats' it forward again and keeps chasing it.

He loves a paper towel tube and when I want his attention, I make a little noise with it and he comes running.  He also enjoys a soft/fuzzy ring and would love it if I would give him his own pair of house slippers.  I have caught him grabbing one and running to his dog pillow/bed that you will see in some of the pictures I will send you.

Goose didn't like that cold, blowing wind this morning when I took him out to do his business!!!  (Me either)"

We are thankful to the people who give NAFA's animals a wonderful, loving home. If you think that you would like to adopt you can visit our petfinder (http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=AR55 ) site to see if your next furry family member is there. You can also visit our website or facebook for more information. Adoption are from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday's at Petco although if you are interested in adopting you need to have your Potentional Home Questionnaire filled out or in hand by 3:30 p.m. as there is an interview process. 


No comments: